It’s time again to reveal the results of our yearly industry survey. We’d like to thank both respondents who took this years survey and provided us with valuable
demographic and personal information to sell to our advertisers feedback. Without further ado, here’s the results of this year’s survey:
- 72% of respondents didn’t answer all of the questions.
- 22% only filled out the part where they could win a free tablet.
- 48% of the respondents indicated they were female – despite it not actually being a question on the survey.
- 19% of respondents listed a profession that isn’t actually part of our industry.
- 63% listed only their own company’s products – in literally every open ended answer form.
- 3% typed “your mom” into every box.
- 1% were search engine bots picking random selections.
- 74% selected “Writing MetaData” as their most significant daily activity.
- 8% indicated that they have less than 1 year experience yet somehow make over $250,000 annually.
- 0.0003% were reality TV show winners who started their own “industry leading” agency.
- 27% listed their job title as CEO and also indicated that the size of their business was between 0 and 1 employees.
- 83% selected “political infighting” as their #1 time consuming activity.
- 13% asked if we’d like to outsource our SEO services.
- 22% confused our survey with the Grammy nominations form (which explains why Taylor Swift is seen to be an important ranking factor.)
- 57% guessed at the answers thinking there was a prize for getting them all right.
- 38% picked C as the answer for every question… even the free form questions.
- 22% have already shared this article before reading this bullet point.